Our wedding will not be a lavish event by any means. Sure, I had dreams of a gorgeous dress, beautiful flowers and amazing details! Alas, I have to be realistic and go for the basics. I purchased a used dress for a couple hundred dollars, we are planning to purchase the cheapest plate for our guests and not serve alcohol. I've done some things a la DIY in order to save us money. Sadly, we are still under by thousands of dollars. If we canceled now, we would lose much more.
We've booked the photographer but its not paid off, we've booked the ceremony and reception site but they're not paid off.
I am hoping to raise $5000 and hopefully receive free or reduced services from vendors such as florist and videographer. Like I said, nothing over the top. In the coming days i will post on the progress of our wedding and how are we saving and cutting corners to be able to make it through this storm.
In the mean time, please help us out by linking us to your friends and anyone you can think of! We need all the help we can get. If you are a vendor and may be able to help us out please contact me!
Thank you!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a great way to approach it-- good for you. I think another thing you should do is to check out Craigslist for "free wedding" and see what pops up. Lots of people are looking to get rid of centerpieces, tablecloths, and other goodies.
ReplyDeleteWhen is the wedding? I have a friend getting married next month and I'm getting married in August. We could hook you up with some goodies!
(Also, check out this do-it-yourself invite site. Layouts are cheap and pretty!)